Saturday 17 January 2009

Day Seventeen (Forteen)

[This entry belongs as day forteen]


Although I wrote "early to bed" on the 13th, I ended up "testing" computer a few hours more. In the morning I had to drive to an hour southbound to a customer. Completed the task at to o'clock so I drove directly home. There is always a lot of work e-mail to read and respond to.

In the evening there was a meeting of the firm's Senior Club. If you are over 50 you are enrolled mandatorily. We have many other clubs in the company: beer, wine, gadgets, running, diving, poker ... those I can think of for now. The company sponsors a little comfort (food and drink). We work away from the office a lot, so the clubs provide the opportunity to meet and keep the company spirit. The Senior Club, by virtue of its membership, ensures that our "gray gold" (= experience) remains in the company.

I also twiddled a bit more with the new computer, now that it had received a new graphic card and everything was tested in the shop yesterday. I could not get sound out of the front jacks, although it had worked in the shop. This frustrated me some (I am not thaaat stupid!), and resulted in a bit of friction in the mood of the living room and ended that day (and the reason why I did not Blog that day)

No comments:

Post a Comment