Monday 12 January 2009

Day Twelve

Monday, where I do not usually work. A few things were accomplished or happened all the same.

I got a hair cut. Tomorrow and a few days on, I'll be teaching a few bank people the joys of the SQL-language, and it is best to be properly attired when in the HQ of the bank.

My daughter was taken by us to look at a place run by the county services where she can spend a few days a month away from home. She requires quite a bit of attention, so this arrangement is to give us parents a few days of peace. She seemed quite thrilled and is looking forward to next Saturday. So are we.

Then I got a call that the computer was fixed (see Day Two, earlier). It was not as bad as feared, "only" the motherboard had been changed. On taking it home though it showed the same error symptoms. I managed to get back to the shop 15 minutes before closing time. The kind and energetic servicetechnician tried to fix it immediatly. After a while he claimed it was my graphics card. I disagreed as the error symptoms were more than just graphics. We agreed I take it home and run it for a while, with an older spare graphics card I had. This is what the machine is doing now (the blog editing is done a seperate laptop).

No comments:

Post a Comment