Tuesday 6 January 2009

Day Six - Troublesome morning

First day at work of the new year. I was delayed a few hours at home, but fortunately for me, my workplace is not interested in "hours present at my desk", but has other targets.

The delay was caused by my daughter who simply refused to get up or go to school. It was just a show of strength (rather than something unpleasant at school that was to be avoided, I think). So I spent a good hour of gentle persuasion - after the previous half hour with commands and loud voice. She got to school an hour late, but in a good mood, as opposed if I had forced her.

At work there was just a small mountain of email. Some it was cleared from home during the holidays. Only the junk mail, anything resembling work was quickly put back in the Inbox. Well, that needed reading and some action now. Discovered a couple of forgotten issues from before the holiday ... ouch. So now I am close to double booked for the next two weeks. Let's see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment